1900 4th St N, Wahpeton, ND 58075, USA
Spring Fishing Derby Poster
I-29, Mooreton, ND 58061, USA
Trout FishingFREE to youth 8-16. Includes meal.RSVP by calling 642-2811.Sponsored by Red River Area Sportsmen’s Club.
No additional detail for this event.
1. The tournament is scheduled on Saturday, June 3, 2017 in Wahpeton, North Dakota on the Red River.
Tournament headquarters are at the Kidder Recreation Area in north Wahpeton. Entrance is 4th Street North
and Dabill Drive (just north of 18th Avenue). Registration will be at the Henry Knight Masons Shelter. Fish
will be weighed at tournament headquarters.
2. The entry fee is $10. Fishermen can use boats or fish from shore. All boats will be inspected before and after the
tournament. A water hydrant and hose are available for cleanup. Registration starts at 6:45 AM and ends at 9 AM.
Early registration is encouraged.
3. Ages 1-18 can enter (1) a free youth division with trophies awarded for the ten largest catfish and $50
for the largest catfish or (2) $10 cash division with adults.
4. This is a live-release tournament. No culling or high grading is allowed. Only one catfish over 24" is allowed for
each individual and the minimum size is 14" to be entered in the tourney.
5. Prizes will be awarded on a 100% payback scale at 11:30 AM. 10% of the tournament proceeds will be used for Red
River development projects at the Kidder Recreation Area. The Red River Area Sportsmen’s Club is sponsoring a
$100 cash prize for the largest catfish in the adult division and $50 cash prize for the largest catfish in the youth
division. Cash prizes will be awarded for the first, second and third largest catfish with remaining funds from entry
fees (30% - 1st, 25% - 2nd, 20% - 3rd, 15% - most fish & 10% - smallest fish). Fishermen are eligible for only one
prize. If there is a tie, first person in takes the top place.
6. All ND Game and Fish fishing regulations must be abided by. If any contestant violates a NDGF regulation,
he / she will be immediately disqualified.
7. Liability: the Wahpeton Park Board, Red River Area Sportsmen’s Club, tournament sponsors and officials do
not accept any liability of any sort. Officials' decisions are final.
8. Tournament Manager: Justin Kratz (701-210-2128).
9. Eight ounce penalty for each fish that is deemed by tournament judges as unlikely to live. Dead catfish will
not be weighed. Catfish will be live released immediately after weigh-in. Judges’ decision is binding on live
10. Fishing and Weigh-In Times: 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM. Catfish will be weighed immediately after return to the access site. Presentation of awards will follow last weigh-in.
11. The tournament boundary will be the Red River, starting at the confluence just north of the Dakota Avenue
bridge and continuing northward.
12. This is a catfish tournament only! No other fish species qualify for the tournament.
13. No alcohol is allowed in the boats, by shore fishermen and tournament officials.
14. The Red River is a special fishery that needs caring and responsible management. We ask that fishermen take
special care in handling catfish. Help us manage a quality, positive tournament. Put the stringer through the jaws,
not the gills. Boat fishermen should use an efficient live well. All water must be drained from live wells and bait wells
prior to leaving the river. All aquatic vegetation must be removed from boats, trailers, motors, fishing equipment, etc.
Thank you. ... See more
North Dakota’s 2017 deer season is set with 54,500 licenses available to hunters this fall, 5,500 more than last year. ... See more
Youth fishing derby today until noon at Kidder Recreation Area. Fishing, food and prizes! Free to all kids 18 & under. ... See more
Red River Area Sportsmen's Club
· Log in